A coronavirus is a type of virus. As a group, coronaviruses are common across the world. COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City, China in January 2020.
The incubation period of COVID-19, is between 2 to 14 days. This means that if a person remains well 14 days after contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus, they have not become a case.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
• Difficulty in breathing
WHO IS AFFECTED?
People from very specific regions of the world – Wuhan & Hubei (China), Iran, Daegu & Cheongdo (Korea), and any Italian town under ‘lockdown’ – are asked to self isolate. People who have visited far eastern counties and have had contact with a confirmed case are also asked to self-isolate.
People with signs & symptoms of common cold or flu are not at risk, unless they have visited one of the regions mentioned above, or have had contact with a confirmed case.
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
For people in self-isolation who are not showing signs or symptoms, there is no need to change your approach. For people in self-isolation with signs and symptoms, Libertas staff should talk to your Manager or Team Leader.
By far the most effective action for everyone to help prevent the spread of the virus is NORMAL HYGIENE principles:
- Wash your hand often with soap and water
- Use alcohol sanitizer if hand-washing facilities are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw it in the bin
- Avoid touching you eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects & surfaces (door handles, telephones etc.)
- Libertas staff can use their PPE
- Encourage your colleagues, customers, family and friends to do the same
As always, if staff have any questions at all, please talk to your Team Leader or Manager. If in doubt – ask