We are preparing for all Brexit eventualities, including the UK leaving Europe without a deal. In this case, people who are not UK citizens will need to apply to the UK government’s EU Settlement Scheme.
The application process is straightforward, and free. To apply to the scheme click here.
If you have any questions, or want to talk about the scheme, please contact any member of the Libertas management team.
Below is some guidance from the UK Government about who should apply.
You need to apply if:
- You are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
- You are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but your family member is
The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
This means you need to apply even if you:
- Were born in the UK but are not a British citizen – you can check if you’re a British citizen if you’re not sure
- Have a UK ‘permanent residence document’
- Are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply – including if they’re from Ireland
- Are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member
For full details about eligibility can be found on the UK Government website.